Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mango Blues

It's finished! Just in time for the silent auction on Saturday. I've never named my quilts, but "Mango Blues" just seems to fit. It's 4 feet square, machine pieced and quilted. The texture came out really well; I love crinkly quilts!

I debated back and forth about whether to do a pieced binding or not. I'm glad I decided on the aqua. Using the leftover scraps would have been thrifty but it would have been too busy.


I did do a pieced backing. I think I like the back as much as the front! The brightness is a nice contrast to all the white on the other side.



So there you are, St. Edmund Campion Academy!

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Seriously, Mary, I am totally impressed by your quilting skills. Last weekend, Tom's mom and aunt were marveling over the quilt you made for Sly. I really really wish you were in Pittsburgh to teach me how!

    Also, St. Edmund Campion? huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're fast. I fixed it to add "Academy". It's the school holding the silent auction fundraiser for which I made this quilt.

    ReplyDelete